The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
WWF-Ukraine is seeking international experts on nature-based solutions (16 working days, remote).
Deadline for applications: January 30, 2022
WWF-Ukraine is a member of WWF-CEE covering Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. We’re primarily engaged with forests, freshwater and wildlife projects.
WWF-Ukraine is seeking to recruit an international expert in nature-based solutions to provide consultative scientific advice in the INSURE (movIng Nature baSed climate solutions into Ukraine’s Reform agenda) project. The aim of the project is to integrate nature-based climate solutions into Ukraine’s policy reform agenda for the adaptation of forest, water and agricultural sectors to climate change by building the knowledge and capacity of relevant state authorities and the wider stakeholder community. The key focus of the work package will be to provide expertise on cross-cutting nature-based solutions in wetland ecosystems, forests and agriculture, working together with other experts in these sectors who are partners of INSURE. The position reports to Project Manager. This is a limited 6-months part-time engagement (distribution of working hours will be discussed separately).
- Provide an overview of nature-based solutions (NbS) in the water/forest/agro sector, which can be applied in the Ukrainian context to address the challenge of climate change adaptation;
- Select and present NbS cases in countries with similar climate and environmental conditions;
- Prepare a brief review of regulatory and policy documents regarding NbS in the EU countries;
- Provide recommendations for including nature-based approaches into sectoral policies (including through participation (online or offline) in sectoral workshops and working groups with the national water, forest and agriculture authorities, scientific experts and civil society);
- Contribute to the development of a project proposal.
- Be a recognized expert in nature-based solutions;
- Expertise in ecosystem-based approaches in the water/forest/agro sector for climate change adaptation;
- Expertise in the socio-economic evaluation of nature-based solutions;
- A good understanding of policies, including emerging guidance and the barriers to NbS adoption;
- Familiarity with the Global IUCN NbS Standard and cross-sectoral knowledge about ecosystem-based approaches will be an advantage.
- Opportunity to make a difference for Ukraine’s adaptation to climate change as part of the WWF team;
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere;
- Independent work style.
For more information about WWF-Ukraine kindly check the website: https://wwf.ua/
For more information about INSURE project visit our webpage (in Ukrainian): https://wwf.ua/our-work/nbs/