Posted on 05 February 2020
Шукаємо нового учасника нашої панда-команди, а саме – комунікатора напряму "Рідкісні види" у Львові.
Відправляйте резюме до 29 лютого!
Wildlife Communications Officer (based in Lviv)
WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 7700 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of 160 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF is officially presented in Ukraine with three main practices: Wildlife (rare species protection), Forests and Freshwater.
WWF Ukraine is seeking to recruit a Wildlife Communication Officer to join the Wildlife team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing communication activities that enable effective achievement of Conservation goals in Ukraine. Allowing to engage stakeholders and wider public to problem-solving together with WWF
- Developing and implementing an effective communication action plan for the Wildlife practice
- Ensuring a clear and cohesive message and image of the Wildlife protection activity in Ukraine
- Ensuring that Communication activities are aligned with Conservation, Fundraising and Policy functions and enhance them.
- Developing and supporting national, regional and local communications campaigns (mostly in the Carpathians and Polissya)
- PR responsibilities at local and regional levels, including organizing various types of events and collaborations, conducting needed communication research
- Studying (through the stakeholder analysis) and widening the circle of impactful partners from various sectors, including business, professional, state bodies, social groups and communities that can enhance WWF’s wildlife work and goals in Ukraine. Setting up clear and long-term relations with them
- Ensuring and maintaining long-term relationships with local media: through releases, formal and informal meetings with press, including media trips
- Supporting constant flow of information (in the format of articles, news, interviews, presentations, various project publications, basic posts) from the Wildlife practice to owned channels (website, social media, mailings), press and partners
- Interacting with international projects teams and implementation of the projects’ communications components in Ukraine
- Developing concepts and content for communication activities and materials, including for print and digital, such as posters, factsheets, booklets for different target groups, information boards, expert hubs, reports etc.
- Working on communication and fundraising components of the new projects together with Conservation and other teams
- Supporting general organizational communication by investing in such products as newsletters, press teasers, major events or campaigns
- Long-term planning culture and regular integration sessions with other functions, especially Conservation team
- Approach to organizing working files in a clear and logical system
- Planning on communications budget together with Wildlife and Communication heads
- Maintaining archives, collection of clippings and communication reporting
- Management and control of communication contractors such as advertising agencies, publishing houses etc.
- Adheres to the WWF mission
- Knowledge: Advanced qualifications or university degree in PR/communication/marketing with at least 2 – 3 years of communication/marketing experience. The Communication Officer should have good knowledge of communication and stakeholder management. Preferably, have an understanding of biodiversity conservation and sustainable development issues particularly with regard to Ukraine.
- Experience: Proven experience in PR, communication/marketing, partnership development and public engagement.
- Skills and Abilities: Project Management, Networking, diplomatic and cultural skills to work with a broad array of individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Ukrainian. Proven ability to communicate and promote activities through different channels including social networks. Skills in campaigning. Skills in the development of visual content would be a plus.
- Possibility to have a meaningful job
- Friendly and professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards
- Flexible working hours planning
- 25 working days vocations
- Medical insurance
- Swimming pool/gym
- Friendly motivated team
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV in English and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) to the attention of Tatiana Riabokin
no later than 29th of February
. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF Ukraine, kindly check the website: wwf.ua