The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Дедлайн подачі заявок — до 26 липня!
WWF-Ukraine is a member of WWF-CEE covering Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. We’re primarily engaged with forests, freshwater, wildlife as well as public policy, corporate engagement, marketing as well as finance and administration. To date, WWF-Ukraine has built a solid record on conservation restoration and sustainable management of natural resources with main focus on forests, freshwater, wildlife, public policy and engagement.
We’re currently seeking for a dynamic and skilled professional to join the Conservation department as Youth Empowerment Officer. The jobholder will be responsible for developing and securing a long-term youth empowerment programme for WWF-Ukraine, aimed at preparing young volunteers for initiating societal change towards sustainability through communication, policy advocacy and action.
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Programme development, monitoring and evaluation
- leading, developing and implementing a strategic development plan of the WWF youth empowerment programme in Ukraine, considering international and regional experience
- piloting and implementing WWF-Ukraine’s youth empowerment programme
- coordinating the implementation of an effective plan and system for monitoring and evaluation.
- ensuring that young volunteers from all over the country feel attracted by what the programme has to offer and sign up to engagement continuously
- mobilizing people to join WWF´s youth volunteer movement in Ukraine
- developing a database of the volunteers in the country
- ensuring systematic communication with volunteers
- organizing trainings and events for volunteers
- involving young volunteers into WWF´s current projects and activities.
- Partnership and representation
- cultivating partnerships and alliances with other (youth) volunteer organizations and with supporters / sponsors.
- Management and administration
- ensuring that there are efficient structures, systems, and processes in place to implement the youth empowerment programme and actively engage in the regional WWF-CEE youth empowerment group
- advanced qualification or university degree
- at least 3 years of professional experience
- proven experience in managing at least a small team of people
- proven experience in communication and education/training
- good knowledge of programme management, communication
- an understanding of biodiversity conservation, sustainable development and climate change issues would be a plus
- diplomatic and cultural skills to work with a broad array of individuals, in particular youth
- excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Ukrainian
- proven ability to communicate and promote activities through different channels including social networks
- skills in the development of video, photo and design of printing materials will be a plus
- skills in managing online resources
- driving licence would be a plus
- alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect and Integrity
- adherence to WWF’s mission, Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- the opportunity to make a difference – for Ukrainian nature and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- flexible working arrangements
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- salary according to NGO standards
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) with reference Youth Empowerment Officer at email@example.com no later than 26 July 2021. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-Ukraine, kindly check the website: https://wwf.ua/.