WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 8000 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of nearly 200 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF Ukraine is seeking to recruit a Freshwater Communication Officer to join the Freshwater team.
The Freshwater Communications Officer will be responsible for enhancing and contributing to the communication activities mainly within freshwater topics. The Officer will ensure communication within all the projects that lay under Freshwater Practice in Ukraine.
I. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing communication activities that enable effective achievement of Conservation goals. Allowing to engage stakeholders and wider public to problem-solving together with WWF.
- Developing and implementing an optimal communication action plan for the Freshwater practice. It should meet the needs of the projects within the Practice and be aligned with general communications of WWF internationally and in Ukraine.
- Ensuring a clear and cohesive message and image of the Freshwater protection activity in Ukraine.
- Ensuring that Communication activities are aligned with Conservation, Fundraising and Policy work and enhance them.
- Developing and supporting national, regional and local communications campaigns
- PR responsibilities at local and regional levels, including organising various types of events and collaborations, conducting needed communication research.
- Study (through the stakeholder analysis) and widening the circle of impactful partners from various sectors, including business, professional, state bodies. social groups and communities that can enhance WWF’s freshwater work and goals in Ukraine. Setting up clear and long-term relations with them.
- Ensuring and maintaining long-term relationships with national and local media: through releases, formal and informal meetings with press, including media trips
- Supporting constant flow of information (in the format of articles, news, interviews, presentations, various project publications, basic posts) from the Freshwater practice to owned channels (website, social media, mailings), press and partners.
- Interacting with international projects teams and implementation of the projects’ communications components in Ukraine.
- Developing concepts and content for communication activities and materials, including for print and digital, such as posters, factsheets, booklets for different target groups, information boards, expert hubs, reports etc.
- Working on communication components of the new projects together with Conservation and other teams.
- Supporting general organisational communication by investing to such products as newsletters, press teasers, major events or campaigns.
- Systematic approach to organising working files within a clear and logical system
- Long-term planning culture and regular integration sessions with other functions, especially Conservation team
- Planning on communications budget together with Freshwater and Communication heads
- Maintaining archives, collection of clippings and communication reporting
- Management and control of communication contractors such as advertising agencies, publishing houses etc
II. Competencies, skills, professional expertise\
- Adheres to the WWF mission
- Knowledge: Advanced qualifications or university degree in PR/communication/marketing with at least 2 – 3 years of communication/marketing experience. The Communication Officer should have good knowledge of communication, PR and marketing and preferably have an understanding of biodiversity conservation and sustainable development issues particularly with regard to Ukraine.
- Experience: Proven experience in PR, communication/marketing, partnership development and public engagement.
- Skills and Abilities: Project Management, Networking, diplomatic and cultural skills to work with a broad array of individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Ukrainian. Proven ability to communicate and promote activities through different channels including social networks. Skills in campaigning. Skills in the development of visual content would be a plus.
ІІІ. We offer:
- the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF Ukraine
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- a salary according to NGO standards
- possibility to work from home or remotely during wartime, flexibility
- social package
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover (motivation) letter (in English) at email@example.com
no later than December 10, 2023
. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-Ukraine, kindly check the website